Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 6-Enumclaw to Yakima WA

Well I had no idea I could climb 8000 feet over 125 miles and sit on a bike for 10 hours but I did just that today with the help of my team. We were the second team (last one was 2013) to complete today's ride with the entire team. That is crazy, we worked so hard together and help push each other through the sore legs and exhaustion, so proud to br a part of what we accomplished today. That is easily the longest and most difficult ride any of us have ever taken on, 10 to 15 miles of Incline just inching along. I rode with Evan and Randall today and we struggled to find a good pace through the beginning bit once we hit the first mountain pass we clicked and found the rhythm and just knocked it out slow and steady. The first pass we climbed up far enough to be surrounded by snow banks, it was so cold that we had to hide x 6while we ate lunch which the family of a teammate Cameron provided for us. The really went above and beyond and followed us over both passes and had snacks for us along the way.
I have lived in Washington my whole life and the views we got today were without a doubt some of the best I have seen, I wish I could have gotten a picture of it all to share with you, guess you will just have to do the ride to see for yourself. The first pass, like I said was snow covered and cruising down the other side was very chilly, we all had multiple layers and scarves or face masks. Climbing up the second pass, White Pass, the weather cleared up more and the views just got better.
I am literally falling asleep as I write but I will add details in later when I have more energy

No comments:

Post a Comment