Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thoughts before the PreJOH ride

My short time in Bellevue is almost up but it has been amazing. Once again, thank you to everyone that was able to come to my brunch fundraiser and to those that could not make it but contributed to my fundraising, with all of your help I raised about $1800 in the last week I have been home which has put my total at about $6600, only $400 shy of my original goal. It has been so incredible to see so much support from family and friends for this cause and my Journey of Hope, it is truly a humbling experience and the trip has yet to begin.
Today I will be picking up Dean Strickland and Evan Eshelman from the airport and tomorrow we drive out to Cape Flattery to bike from the coast to Seattle to make this journey a true coast to coast ride. Right after we get back we will meet the rest of the team and have orientation for a few days in Seattle and then the morning of the 28th we will hit the road on our first leg to Enumclaw, just a short 40 mile ride.

I am feeling nothing but excitement for this to begin and am looking forward to everything that will come this summer.
Lastly here is our biking itinerary in case you were wondering where I will be all summer and if you feel like sending a care package or letter I also included our mail drops. For all mail be sure to include "Attn Journey of Hope, Sam Margolis" and if it arrives late it will not be forwarded.


No comments:

Post a Comment