Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 27- Casper WY, day off

This morning started off pretty rough. I woke up at 6:50am  to what sounded like construction going on upstairs, chains and metal banging together, I put my headphones in to try to keep sleeping but couldn't really, then just after 7 the lights come on and I look up and there are people in our underground gym walking around moving weight lifting machines into the room we are sleeping in. I guess they forgot we were sleeping there and the lifting coach continued to move things ibto the gym so we had to move all our stuff into the classroom next door and cram everyone in there. I was hoping to sleep until 8:30 but that did not happen.
After that annoying situation we ate crew chief breakfast and headed to town to drop the vans off to get serviced and explore. Started with a local coffee shop that had amazing coffee and free WiFi. A bunch of guys wanted to check out this ranch outfitters store called Lou Taubert so we walked over there. It was a big 3 story shop with everything you need to be a real cowboy. I don't think I would ever buy anything from there but it was pretty cool. Boots from floor to ceiling all over, show cases of belt buckles worth hundreds of dollars and the downstairs was entirely jeans, only thing I did like was the wallets, they had some really nice ones. But the best part of the visit was when we were talking to one of the employees about what we are doing, she went to the back and grabbed 27 tickets to the college national finals rodeo and just handed them to us so we could all go tonight. I have never been to a rodeo before so it was a real treat, even though we ride 130 tomorrow I couldn't pass up this chance.
Before the rodeo we had a friendship visit with The Arc of Natrona County. We met them at a park and just hung out and played games, basketball, frisbee, and towards the end got a fun game of kickball going.
The rodeo was definitely worth it. We saw it all, bare back and saddled horse riding where the horse is just bucking like crazy, calf roping and tieing, barrel racing then bull riding. It was fun. The announcer had some pretty harsh hummer but I guess that is what this kind of crowd was in to.
Tomorrow is a really long one, 130 miles and mostly flat, just rolling hills are the only climbing we do from what I hear. I'm looking forward to it, I really want to ride the whole thing this time simce having to rack the last two from bike issues and being sweeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment