Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 33-Denver, Day off

It was an amazing day today. To start the morning we had a breakfast with KRG capital with Bruce and a bunch of KRG employees and lots of families. Got amazing food, got to check out their office which is on the top floor of this high rise and had great views of the whole city, the Rockies stadium and the Rockies mountains. When we got back I met up with Emily and we spent the rest of the day together walking around the 16th street mall and hanging out in at the park near the capitol building. We picked up a Colorado sticker to add to my bike and grabbed so coffee, it was great to hang out with her, I missed her so much and miss her already but it's a good thing we ride to her home town of Colorado Springs tomorrow and have a day off their so I get to see her for another 2 days, in between our friendship visits at least. Any second I can see her I will take. After she headed back home tonight the team had a sponsored dinner at a taco shop called Moontower Tacos, by far the best tacos I have ever had and their Queso dip was incredible. The owner of the restaurant is a Pi Kapp from the Boulder chapter and amazing guy. After the dinner the Parent Ambassadors surprised us with goodies bags of snacks and candy but the best part about them were a pair of cycling socks! They seem like a real nice pair.

The ride tomorrow is only 85 miles and coming back from a day off with legs well rested I think it should go pretty smoothly. Wake up is 5:30am, and leaving this awesome city for supposedly an even better one according to Emily. I have a feeling she is right about that, Colorado Springs sounds awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment